Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Prologue

Welcome, theatre enthusiasts (or soon to be enthusiasts), to Standing Room Only, your hub for theatre news, reviews, and tips!

In this digital age, many believe that live theatre is a dying art. Boy, are they wrong. Nearly every city in America has their own thriving theatre scene, and more young people are studying theatre than ever before.  I'm here to find the best theatre experiences and give my readers the resources they need to enjoy theatre on a budget. I also want young people to feel comfortable in a theatre environment. The theatre isn't just for blue-haired matinee ladies anymore. Young artists are creating exciting, experimental works for theatre-goers like you. I'm here to help you find them.

Theater
Photo credit: Alan Cleaver
So, who am I, the almighty voice at the other end of your internet connection? My name is Charlotte, and I'm just your average social-media obsessed college student with a passion for theatre. I'm currently studying Screenwriting & Playwriting at university in between my many internet ventures (all of which you can find on my About page).

If you're so inclined to watch this space for more, you can subscribe via RSS on the left sidebar. I hope you're all as excited about this new project as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment